Faith Formation Volunteers Needed
Your help is needed in nurturing the faith of our children and youth! We have openings for Faith Formation and Sacramental catechists (teachers) and volunteers for each level—
- Elementary (1st – 4th Grades) on Thursday and/or Friday mornings, 7:30am – 9:00am
- Middle School (5th – 8th Grades) on Wednesday mornings, 6:30am – 7:50am
- High School (9th – 12th Grades) on Tuesday mornings, 6:30am – 7:50am
- First Reconciliation / First Eucharist Preparation (begins 2nd Grade +)
- Confirmation Preparation (9th Grade +)
Sunday Morning Ministries are also in need of additional volunteers—
- Youth/Family Mass: Twice a month during the 9am Mass. Youth/families actively patriciate in the Mass as lectors, gift bearers, music, etc.) Once a month Family, Food and Fun activities will correspond with a Youth/Family Mass.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word (*K, 1st & 2nd Graders— Pre-First Eucharist Children): Will be held on Sundays when there is not a Youth/Family Mass. Children are welcomed into the Children’s Chapel to experience weekly scripture at a level suitable for their ages. A minimum of 9 volunteers needed, forming 2 - 3 teams with individuals to substitute when needed. Teams are scheduled to serve once a month—one member of the team leads the lesson with two assistants (i.e. “crowd control” and hallway/bathroom monitor).
- Childcare / Babysitting: Thank you! Mrs. (Alicia) Socia for your many years of service to our youngest treasured gifts. Mrs. Socia is passing the baton. You will be missed by all! Adult and teen volunteers are needed to keep this key family ministry going. This ministry is offered weekly.
Please give prayerful consideration to being part of the Faith Formation Ministry or Sunday Ministries at some level. We continue planning, looking forward to a new year—a year of change, transition, and growth honoring the good works and foundation laid before us. We remain deeply committed to working together with all our parish families. We are steadfast in serving the needs of each family as we strive to provide support amidst the challenges of raising faith-filled children in today’s world.
Contact Julie Sheridan if you have questions or would like to volunteer to be part of our Faith Formation team making it possible to offer these much-needed services to our faith community. We will support you and provide resources and training.
We thank our families for allowing us to assist in the faith formation of God’s most precious gift- the children. All adult volunteers (and employees) must be Virtus certified and have completed the necessary recertification once every five years.